Building and maintaining a sales operations infrastructure in today’s specialized marketplace is a large commitment.
Rapid change is one of the defining characteristics of the healthcare market. Today, higher valued specialty products, biosimilars, and personalized medicine have replaced blockbuster drugs as the center of attention. These changes in the marketplace drive the need for flexible field deployments and new types of commercial interactions. As providing value becomes an increasingly important consideration, sales operations are becoming more complex while available resources are shrinking.
The Sales Operations function provides the back-end infrastructure and expertise in support of customer interaction teams. This ongoing support includes the management of technology, analytics and reporting, help desk, incentives and compensation, fleet, and administration.
PDI owns a highly developed sales operations infrastructure, and makes it available to you and your customer-facing teams.
Our practice of backing every customer-facing team with extensive operations and analytics support makes us leaders in outsourced sales operations programming. While each client will determine the specific operational functions needed to meet their requirements, key operations functions can include:
- Hardware/software distribution and support
- Expense reporting system and payroll support, including healthcare professional spend capture and reporting
- Meeting/POA development
- Representative time tracking
Online team resource portal:
- Design, development, and management of client-specific online resource portal
- Secure housing of key information and resources such as announcements, documents (e.g. administration, expense management, human resources), eLearning Center (training documents and videos), and best practices forum
Sales force automation and customer relationship management system:
- Expert configuration, training, and ongoing support are provided for sales force automation (SFA) systems used by promotional teams and for clinical customer relationship management (CRM) systems employed by clinical teams
- Field-based promotional teams typically employ Veeva™, the first Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) CRM solution built specifically for the life sciences industry, which leverages the salesforce.com platform
- Field and inside call activity and results
- Performance metrics
- Sample accountability and compliance
- Human resources metrics
- Onboarding and deployment of fleet vehicles or management of car allowance for field-based teams
- Safety and compliance monitoring and ongoing certifications
- State-of-the-art help desk provides support for all field-based personnel
- PDI analytics are designed to assess progress toward each client’s objectives and adjust the solutions if, and as, needed.